Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Blog 4 Book2





            Now that I'm in the middle almost close to the ending of the book it has got so interesting. So Celeste was getting ready for her pageant and it was getting ready to go out on stage for her photo shoot. She was nervous but when she was done getting ready her mom said, "oh!" Celeste said, "I don't know what expression was on my face but it couldn't have been good. Christian rushed to my side."Christian is the man who dressed her to a totally different person. Meanwhile Celeste was nervous because she thought she looked horrible because of her mothers expression. So she kind of reflected off of the expression and made a bad expression about it to before she saw how she looked in the mirror. She couldn't stop looking at the mirror in fact when it was officially time to go take the pictures she didn't want to let the mirror go. Finally the lady that was taking the pictures was saying that she was doing good. I think it was to encourage her so she won't feel bad but the pictures probably did look great. After she left the pageant she went home and ran straight to her bed like her old self. But we don't know is that she was on a diet so that she could look good. Me personally I think she should just burned off the fat by going to the gym to get some sweat. Laying off the chips and candy,etc is also a hard thing to do that she did even though she didn't want to she knew it was best for her.

    The theme of this story is that if you don't believe in yourself you will never accomplish anything. For example Celeste was telling her self, "Don't try to throw the contest anymore, I thought. Based on her expression, I had about the same chance of winning as Ben had of growing up without getting another bump or bruise." This means that she already feels that she didn't do good so she just said I don't have to try anymore if I already did bad from the beginning which isn't true. Her mom was telling her and Christian was saying your doing great. Thats the only reason her mom wants her to go for round two. This is Celeste's response to that, "But we agreed!"I protested. I'd met my obligation. What more did she want?". She was tired of doing pageants for Husky peach but she knew she couldn't say no to her mom so she had finish strong.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an excellent theme, but I'm not sure how your text evidence supports it. I think you need to explain a bit more, or choose a more clear piece of evidence. This evidence does not clearly prove your theme.

    ReplyDelete